Brought by Kuya J Group to the Philippines, Popeye’s opened its first branch in the country last May 16, 2019 in Arcovia City in Pasig. This is one of the nine stores that are about to open in the country. Additional stores will soon open in
- Ali Mall Cubao
- Festival Mall
- Eastwood City
- Alabang Town Center
- SM San Lazaro
- SM Manila
- Kroma Tower Makati
- Vertis North
The cue to experience Louisiana chicken is really crazy. Real Estate Blog PH attempted four times to fall in line, in different days and time, but managed to just stay in a nearby coffee shop instead. Finally, on May 27, Tuesday, at around 7:00pm, the blogger patiently waited for 45 minutes in the cue in order to get to the main door. Once inside, he waited for another 10 minutes to have his order taken and another 10 minutes waiting for the order to be served. All in all that is 65 minutes of time investment. Let’s add your travel time to Arcovia City and to reach your home. And do not forget your eating time. Roughly it’s about 3 hours (more or less) if you just live in Pasig area. Expect more if you live in Mandaluyong and nearby cities.
The security officers (guard) are friendly and there is a number of staff assisting the customers and sometimes bringing orders to respective tables. One suggestion: no staff is taking advanced order in a piece of paper for a smoother transaction once it is your turn already in the cashier. Cashiers are friendly too. They explain the products well and not pushy for an upgrade.
The store is huge and can accommodate up to 200 people or more. The blogger seated in a spot good for two persons as he was alone. Cleanliness is maintained in the store. (Male) restroom’s cleanliness can still improve although it can be attributed to the users.
The blogger ordered the following:
- 2-piece chicken (1 original and 1 hot and spicy)
- Comes with a gravy and 1 biscuit (plain biscuit with a sachet of honey)
- Box of 3 biscuits for take out
Here are the blogger’s comments:
- Price – affordable prices and meal comes in set or even group meals. Not far from the usual chicken fast food that customers are accustomed to already. Please see food prices below.
- Original Chicken – is fine; not that salty and your taste buds will adjust to its flavor as Popeye is an American brand. It is not oily.
- Hot and Spicy Chicken – taste is similar to the 3-letter chicken brand
- Gravy – has its own taste; again not that salty
- Spaghetti – noodles are firm, sauce is not too sticky, kids and adults will like it
- Location – Arcovia City, developed by Megaworld, is located in C5 corridor; parking is free. In case the line is too long, you can go to Landers if you are a member or Starbucks if you want a good coffee.
- Store Interior – as mentioned earlier it is huge and well-maintained.
- Cue system – it can be challenging to diners if they fall in line between 10am to 4pm as the tent can only accommodate a number of people and one needs to leave the tent as he becomes closer to the store door. Bringing of umbrella can be very helpful. No number system at this point. You have to be physically present and wait for your turn.
- Staff – are friendly and accommodating. The blogger noticed that they are all smiles in dealing with customers.
- Senior Citizen and PWD friendly – the prioritize these individuals; up to two companions are only allowed for every senior and PWD- the rest needs to fall in line and wait for their turn.
- Store Structure – concrete structure similar to stores in the United States and other countries, well-lit, good interior design, space is not suffocating as tables and chairs observe a comfortable distance with each other.
Overall, the blogger recommends trying Popeye’s Chicken. The experience of tasting Louisiana Chicken is definitely something that you can reminisce. Be part of the firsts who taste this and share your comments below.